Monday, May 16, 2011

our poor dog and a piece of furniture

What an eventful day. Today is my birthday; I'm 29. Our dog, Molly had to have 18 stitches in her leg so the day pretty much revolved around her...poor thing! I managed to purchase a piece of furniture for Anslee on my lunch break and Brian fixed a special dinner for me. All in all a good day, except I hate seeing Molls uncomfortable.

Molly is set to recover in about 10 days. We have no clue what she did. She's a "farm dog" so you just never know what they get into sometimes. She's a tough little thing and is so sweet, no matter what her circumstances. The girls at the vet loved her.

About the piece of furniture. I will be taking before and after pictures once it's in my possession. It's a cabinet that I found at the Harpeth Antique Mall in Franklin, TN. I've spent many hours hunting and decided to just go ahead with this one. Time is ticking!

One of the things I learned at my first job in sales is how to negotiate. I got that cabinet for half of what the sticker said. Whoo hoo! The nursery is small but I am crossing my fingers that this piece works as it will allow me to display some of her special things. Included in those things are Beatrix Potter figurines from my nursery as a baby, a special brass rocking horse from Ghree and Pa (Brian's parents) and sweet Tiffany & Co. china from my friend Carrie.

I'm going to pick up some paint tomorrow to make sure we have picked the perfect shade of pink so Mom can paint and get her curtains hung. It's coming together!

2 comments: