Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day was pretty close to perfect this year....it would have been perfection if Mema would have been there but she was not feeling well at all.

We had 22 over to our house. Having our immediate family all together on a beautiful, sunny Spring day was such a blessing! The weather was warm and we all had a great time. Apparently, Grandpa and Ethelda entertained with their stories of Ethelda's parrot. I heard Justin's mom, Christine cracking up over them.

Lots of memories were made and I am so thankful that everyone came. Brian and I are blessed to be very close with our beautiful moms. We love you "Mom", Vel and Ginger!

This gives my entertaining good practice. I really do love to entertain and when I do I am always reminded of my Grandma. She was an awesome hostess and when I am preparing to have people I always think of her and feel her with me. I know she would have been so proud. I am sad she's not here. I never imagined that her life would end when it did but I know she's with the Lord. Thank you, Lord, for the hope for eternity! I'm thankful for the faith I have for the reuniting we will have!

I've also been told that Brian's grandmother, Ddot was an awesome hostess. I would have loved to have known and learned from her also. I will meet her one day!

Our menu: chicken salad on croissants, bacon-turkey sandwiches, potato salad, chips, green salad and fruit with topping. For dessert we had banana pudding cake. Very summer-ish!

Brian got me an awesome diaper bag that I can't wait to use. Next year my sweet girl will be 10 months old. I can't wait to see what Mother's Day 2012 will look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment