Monday, June 27, 2011

false alarm

I really didn't want any false alarms. We don't always get what we wish for. I started feeling different Friday and started getting very sharp pains in my abdomen that evening. They lasted all day Saturday but couldn't really be timed as they were sharp and shooting and brief. I was thinking that it just didn't match what I thought contractions would feel like.

Mom called me about 9pm Saturday night to tell me that she had thought a lot about it and that what I was describing was much like what she felt when in labor with me. I was stuck in the birth canal and by the time she got to the hospital the doctor said that if I didn't come in 1 hour he would be getting me out himself. Ten minutes later I was born.

I called my doctor to see what he thought. He said that because I looked so far progressed Wednesday and because everyone's labor is different that I should go ahead and head to the hospital to be monitored. So we took "the bag" and headed to Baptist.

Long story short, I am having contractions but not the big ones. The sharp pain is from Anslee dropping and pressing on nerves. It is very painful and stops me in my tracks. It's the worst when I sit down.

The staff at Baptist was wonderful and I'm looking forward to having our baby there! Now I'm just praying that was the last false alarm!
Going home about 1am with Anslee still safe inside. 37 weeks, 3 days.




No comments:

Post a Comment