Sunday, March 20, 2011

trusting

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

I had forgotten this. I coasted along and then..."bam!"...rock bottom. I am thankful that as soon as I hit rock bottom the Lord pulled me out. He was kind to reveal to me that I had been trusting in myself and had forgotten that I need Him to guide me.

Just this past Monday I put down "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and got into the Word. I began my mornings with 20-30 minutes of reading and was instantly impacted.

Today I stood in the living room, amazed at what I had been given the strength to accomplish this week. I thanked the Lord for this gift. Had I tried to do everything on my own I would have failed. With trust in the Lord and obedience to what I have been called to do, I had a fulfilled and happy week.

Worship and communion this morning was the icing on the cake of such a changed week. As I took communion and heard the sweet words: "the body and blood of Christ are given for you" and just about started sobbing.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

I plan to stay in the word this week and hope you will do the same!

3 comments: