Sunday, February 20, 2011

sunday revival

Church is the highlight of my week. It revives me like no other. Today was no exception.

I don't want this blog to give the impression that every day is sunshine and rainbows but we do have it pretty good! However, like everyone else, we are sinners. We have good days and bad days.  For me, I have generally had a bad past two weeks. Not huge bad, just kind of "blah". Today it all faded away and I feel revived.

I could sit here and think of how my attitude has been off the past two weeks and wallow in my self pity but I know that I am forgiven. I can repent of my sinful nature and move on. I have this freedom and forgiveness because of Christ Jesus and His finished work on the cross.

"I hear the Savior day, "Thy strength indeed is small; child of weakness, watch and pray, find in Me thine all in all."
Jesus paid it all, all to him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.
For nothing good I have whereby thy grace to claim, I'll wash my garments white in the blood of Calv'ry's Lamb.

I am looking forward to this week and am forever thankful for the blood of the Lamb through which I receive endless grace and mercy!


2 comments:

  1. so glad i got to spend time with you sunday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a darling. i am glad to know such as you!

    ReplyDelete