Thursday, July 14, 2011

Anslee Claire Bobel

I started feeling sad about not having updated my blog in so long but then I reasoned with myself. I've been spending my time holding my baby and haven't wanted to do anything else. Prior to Anslee's birth I was spending all my time preparing for her arrival. Maybe I can catch up and keep up now!

On Friday, July 1 I went to my doctor who checked me and said "wow, this baby has dropped!". He then told me he thought I may be in labor and hooked me up to the machine that monitors contractions. No dice. He said that I was super close and he couldn't predict but it may be any minute.

So I went to work as planned but felt antsy. I had pretty much wrapped everything up and decided it was best that I go ahead and leave. That was my final goodbye because if I didn't go into labor by Tuesday (July 5) I was going to be induced.

After I left I went to a baby store to get a moby wrap. It's a baby carrier that I really wanted to have as soon as she arrived. I had been preparing myself for a fussy baby and felt this was a necessity. After that I decided to have my gel nails removed because I knew I was not going to be able to maintain them over the next few months. After that I started feeling more anxious and high tailed it home.

Once home I called my mom to tell her to not dismiss that the baby would be coming that day and I started cleaning up pretty fast. Contractions began around 4pm. Brian left to get a haircut (I was glad!) and I worked on deep cleaning our bedroom because that's where we have the cradle. I dusted the fan blades and all furniture and cleaned the base boards. HA! All of this while timing contractions.

Around 9pm I called the doctors office. The doc on call asked what's up. My response:"I'm 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I've been timing my contractions for 5 hours and they are 4 minutes apart and lasting about 1 minute". His response: "so  (repeated what I just said), why are you not going to the hospital?". I explained that I was calling to ask if I should be timing them longer and wait until they were closer so I wouldn't be at the hospital forever....his wife was in the background and she said: "go to the hospital!". Off we went.

A little under 5 hours later I met my sweet baby. It was amazing. I can't describe it. She's finally here and she's perfect. The Lord is so good; she is a "true and perfect gift".

Anslee Claire Bobel
July 2, 2011
2:24am
6 lbs 12 ounces, 18 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment